"What is this?"
Some of you may be wondering what the purpose of this blog is. I just recently returned from India where me and my good friend Mitch Wiley served the Lord. I kept a blog throughout that trip entitled, "From Bangalore,". I had another blog that I started in January of 2010 and kept it until I left for India. I deleted it for security reasons by request of the company I went through.
And now I'm here. I'm back in the United States and I have new journeys ahead. I have new lessons God wants to teach me. There are experiences He wants me to share. Just because I'm not in another country on a "mission trip" doesn't mean He will cease to teach me. He's always growing us into people more and more like His Son. This blog will help me effectively explain that process to both you and to myself.
I don't have any credentials that should coerce to you subscribe to anything I say. I know that probably isn't wise of me to say, but I must confess it. All I have is a Bible, a receptive ear to His voice, and a few formidable years left. I have experiences that God has taken me through both in the context of community and on a completely personal level. I have no seminary training or degrees. I graduated from the Christian Academy of Louisville and study Communications/Philosophy at the University of Kentucky. There are people out there who know more than I could ever hope to know in my lifetime. But there's a chance you'll never meet them. The relationships you'll likely have will the Pipers, Chans, Platts, and Craigs of the world will never become personal. You'll probably never meet them; have dialogue with them. I love those guys and have learned a great deal from them. But not everyone gets to be their friend. What I can offer is my hand in friendship and brotherhood in the family of Jesus Christ.
God taught me more lessons than I could ever recount in my first twenty-one years of life. He'll teach me until the day I die. I want to learn and grow with my faith family. I want God to speak to me through you and I want to speak His words into your life as well. We're entering a new season. Let's walk through it together and serve Him; "Till Kingdom Come".
No comments:
Post a Comment